samedi 23 janvier 2010

The story of "Tandem"

Tandem is a two-seat bicycle, a type of bicycle that can be found in most of the European countries. So, the front seat is for the one who guides and the hind seat is for the one who follows. So why I choose to talk about a bicycle as my first blog after months, this tandem maybe ordinary but behind this, there is such a meaningful story that I want to share, the story that inspires me, it may inspires you as well. We'll see. When I went back to Colmar, Alsace for my christmas holidays, I happened to have a wake-up call from the Lord. There, I admit that I had a lot of fun, I got to see my old buddies who came to France for the first time with me two years back, I got to see my french teachers who were in good health, bless that they will be the same all the time, it was a gathering. But the most rewarding experience is the Sunday that I spent right there.

At 10 am, I walked with several friends of mine, to the church which is situated near the place I stayed. I stepped into the foyer, passed through the corridor, found my usual seat and ready to listen to the words of God. This day, the minister talked about "tandem". What about it?

With a beautiful french, the minister talked about Jesus sitting at the back-seat of this tandem and guided by you or me. She asked us if it would work this way. Slowly, she answered, why not, both of the seats were filled, we could go anywhere we want. True, but who's the leader, us, but sometimes we never know where our destination is; on the contrary, Jesus does. So, why don't we exchange our seats, let Jesus be the one who guides, and we the one who pedals behind. It's true that sometimes, Jesus might leads us to some hills or some muddy places to reach a place where we can reach there easily by other roads. But, believes Him, He knows what he is doing. He is always there for us. He will never abandon us no matter how we are.

This beautiful analogy will never be erased from my mind. After the worship, I felt a sudden change in my charcters, I know that He has found me, and I am ready to accept Him in my life. That's what I learnt that day.

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. "(John 3:16-17).




Aucun commentaire: